View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default CSF Leak from epidural 1yr 3 months

hello im new to this and thought i might share my story to see if i could get any help. I currently have a CSF leak going on now for about 1 year and 3 months.
It all started when i was in the hospital giving birth to my daughter. I came home from the hospital and thats when it started. I had no idea what was going on my neck hurt and had the worst headache it was like no other headache as they describe it. i called the hospital and they told me to drink caffeine lots of it. A couple of days went by and i couldnt take it anymore i couldnt even eat. so i said im calling my obgyn. He told me i needed a blood patch go right down to the hopsital and i will be good as new.HAHA.......ya good as new for 1 day then the headaches came back. I checked myself back in the ER they gave me all kinds of tests MRI CT Scans, and medicine. i have got 2 blood patches so far, CT Myleogram. Which that didnt show where the leak was coming from. It got me upset frustrated because i thought that would be the key to ending this pain Im having. i have been doctor to doctor neuro to neuro and everybody seems like they are just brushing me off. They dont return my phone calls. im just hopeless and dont really know where to turn to anymore. i just want to be myself again and take care of my 2 kids the way it should be. i Just want to know if anyone has the same problem i do if they have cured it somehow what they have done to make it better

I also have tried accupuncture,massages, you name it i tried it. Just doesnt seem to be helping. Coffee is really the only thing that helps me for a couple hours oh and advil but i try not to take much of that seeing i was taking it for about a month straight.
lycb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote