View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy New to all and any threads so any help is appreciated

Not sure what to say here really, but here goes...

My name is Chris, I have suffered chronic lower back pain since 2004. i served in the Army for 20 years and due to a combination of wear and tear and multiple strains and injuries to my back over the years i eventually prolapsed two discs in december of 2005. I recieved utterly pathetic treatment from a useless consultant, and now 7 years later i am in constant chronic pain and have been medically discharged from the Army, a job i loved and would have loved to complete the full term of 22 years service.

i have had loads of rehab, both in the Army and out. interfacet joint injections, epidurals and a failed operation to relieve some of the disc bulges i was left with that went very wrong. i awoke from the op not being able to move my left leg, this happened in 2009 and since then i have deterioted to the point my left leg has reduced sensation and gives way without warning, i use 2 elbow crutches to get around. Without these it is too painful to walk and i just end up falling over when my leg gives way, being 6'3" i have a long way to fall.

I am now waiting for a Spinal cord stimulator (SCS) and to be honest i am worried this will have little effect, but i just seem out of options.
I am on fentynal Patches and Gabapentin (probably spelt wrong) oral morphine for break through pain relief as well as the usual paracetamol and brufen type tablet.
Unfortunately i now suffer from depression and am being medicated for this too.
All in all i am a bit of a mess right now and my wife thought i might benefit from seeking out people in a similar predicament and realising im not the only one going through this type of thing.

Seems ive waffled on enough, no idea if any one will read this, but please if you do, just say hi it would really mean a lot.

thanks

Chris
Chris1972 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (06-27-2012)