View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 10:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused HELP...at Mayo, and even more confused

Hi all...well I am at Mayo, seeking more direction and clarity...and I feel like my head is spinning. I tested positive for MG...both AcHR tests were positive...one was 234.5 titers (from Quest Lab) and the other (from Athena) just stated "Positive". I have been to Northwestern in Chicago and felt totally 100% okay with the dx...in the sense that this is what I have. Well, now I am at Mayo and the doctor here (who I stated I was just trying to get more information on the best method of thymectomy and the best treatment - in their opinion) stated that she isn't sure I have MG!!!! Now she is testing me for LEMS, well I will say, I DO NOT GET STRONGER with exercise...I CANNOT even exercise. Being out in my garden for more than 5 minutes would be a FLIPPING MIRICLE....Now I don't know what to think....I got up here on 6-24-12 with every intention of leaving 6-26-12...and I will be lucky if I get out of here by 6-28-12!!!!

Need some words of support and/or your thoughts experiences...etc. I know Mayo is supposed to be one of the best...but what is going on now....HOW CAN MY Receptor antibodies test out at 235 and me NOT have MG?? What is this doctor thinking?? Am I wrong???? HELP!!!!!

Darci from Chicago
Icrad1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote