View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Your different....

I went to my psyciatrist today and he told me I was unique/different in the fact that my mental illness was brought on by my head injury. I am physically feeling better. Working with my neck reheb to try and reduce my headaches. Now that I'm not so focused on dealing with the daily pains I realized my impulsivity is quite the problem and probably will be for a long long time.

This being said, I am now experimenting with medications. Start med, track progress, side effects, not tolerating etc etc. so wean off, restart and do this all over again.

We are hoping that in finding a medication that works for me will allow me to get to work someday. I'm hopeful.

Getting onto my year mark and trying not to let it get me down. It's been the toughest year ever.

So I'm getting used to the stigma of dealing with mental health issues. The stigma being, "your crazy". I've heard this alot in the years of my work in the health care profession from top doctors.

I have to apply for SSDI. I have been holding off hoping I wont need it. I guess I have to accept and do what I need to do.
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote