View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte1985 View Post
Hi I am new to this forum and it's great. I don't know if any of this is related but maybe so. After I was in a house fire I was on life support for smoke inhalation and given morphine ever two hours. I was discharged went to a hotel had nightmares took my prescription xanax, soma,hydrocodone and ambien. The next morning I woke up it was past check out and there was an officer, when I got up my foot was at a 90° angle. The police proceeded to take me to the ER where they gave me something to reverse benzos. I then fell asleep to my disbelief I couldn't feel my legs or feet I told the nurse they ignored me and put me in a weel chair to be sent to a MH thinking I tried to commit suicide. I looked down and noticed my legs were swollen, I was bed riddce.The doctor came the next day I had no reflexes eventually after five days my feeling came back. I had such pain that I couldn't walk, My skin was so sensitive that if a blanket or sock touched it I would cry, I had horribly electric shocks, my skin burned like I was on fire. My EMG. came back severe peripheral and axonal neuropathy. Any ideas on the cause?
I called and talked to the Doc that treated me since he was on call the other day.

He said he treats his smoke victims with just oxygen.
Is this good or bad?
duarte1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote