View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm jealous of those that love their neuros or MDS's. I've been through 4 neurologists at my health care organization (Kaiser - ugh!) and I think they all skipped class the day Parkinson's Disease was discussed. I want to send them all the recently released book "Parkinson's Disease for Dummies" but my guess is they wouldn't read it.

Here's a couple of conversations I had with one neuro (whom they consider one of their best) a few months after my diagnosis (and I'm on Sinemet):

Me: I would like to try Sinemet CR at night to see if it helps me sleep better. Dr. Okun, the medical director for the NPF recommends it a lot.

Neuro: How long have you had trouble sleeping?

Me: A couple of years now.

Neuro: Then it's not Parkinson's related.

And one of my favorites:

Me: I'd like to get a prescription for Parcopa (orally dissolving Sinemet).

Neuro: What's Parcopa?

So while I fight my insurance company to go out of network to see a MDS, I pay out of pocket to see a MDS that is wonderful. She spends a lot of time with me and cuts me a break on her fee, which is really cool. The problem is, if she writes me a prescription, I have to pay for that out of pocket as well.

Be thankful for the good docs that you have, because some of us have to fight like hell just to get proper care.

Wish me luck!

Todd
PDTalks.com

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote