View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

im grateful I dont have to worry about lightening in the mountains while i am on the phone cause it would ZING thru the house and smack into the copper plumbing. DONT be on the phone during a storm!

Im also grateful we no longer have party lines. We used to have 5 families share our phone line on top of the mountain and if you wanted to call and see what movie was playing at the drive in you had to wait for Shirley to stop talking to her aunt Thelma about her bunions. You would be in the middle of sweet nothings with your b/f and Darla up the road would say "Does your momma know you talk that way to a boy?" UGH! HANG UP!

Cast iron tubs. COLD! you had to use really hot water to heat it up so your bum wasnt a ice cube when you took a bath.

Cant bathe during "the curse" WTH was that all about? wasnt that the time you needed a bath the most?

Washing your hair in ice cold water in the sink cause no one would give up the bathroom so you could shower. No hot water in the kitchen sink, it was a pump from the yard. BRRR!

Why did we have to sit IN the car and wait for it to warm up? it was icy, breezy, dark out and at 4 am in the back woods I doubt anyone is going to steal it while we let it warm up, unless Bears want cars. Had to sit and shiver while scraping ice from the inside. im glad for remote car starters. The doors stay locked while it warms up.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-26-2012), Blessings2You (06-26-2012), jprinz99 (06-29-2012)