View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Diego24

Diego24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Maybe, but it's big in the treatment of ADHD and the like, as well as eating disorders and insomnia. We are thinking of trying it and will let everyone know....another white rat adventure!

It does seem a bit of a no-brainer, that if one neurotransmitter is not at normal levels, the ratio between it and the others will be out of whack as well. And, probably too, my ratio between dopamine and serotonin is not the same as yours, so each of us would need to find "our" balance, meaning a "one size fits all" approach will not work with this either.
You know ... I read something about L-dopa causing the serotonine neurons to release dopamines instead of serotonine ... this was supposed to generate dyskenesia. There was serotonine medicin in a trial (I guess it might even have been succesful in phase III) that would compensate for that. So I believe that this treatment could be beneficial for people. But the website seems a bit weird though. Anyway, good luck with the treatment and keep us informed.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote