View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 01:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need encouragement

I am not 5 months post concussion. I have improved a great deal but am finding it increasingly difficult to continue with the ongoing symptoms of extreme fatigue, headaches, confusion, problem finding words, etc. I am on intermittent FMLA at my job (supervisor at a call center). I go to bed every night hoping I will be able to work a full day but it rarely seems to happen.

My doctor told me she would not be supportive of me staying out of work a full day anymore but sometimes I still need to. I know a lot of you have had problems with doctors not understanding. Yesterday was one orf those days after spending a day walking in the sun at "back to the fifties" car show. Today I am still trying to make it in for a least a few hours.

No one at work has really said anything negative to me but yet I feel like they don't understand.....how could they? I have always been very intelligent and a fast learner and multi tasker. My life has now changed and my self esteem is to the floor.

This support group has been a life saver and I want to thank everyone that has posted here.

Slipped and fell on ice and hit head hard, was dazed and dizzy.....thought it would go away in a few days. This was on Jan 27, 2012. Still suffering from extreme fatigue, headaches, confusion, trouble finding words and slower processing time.
rochbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote