View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 08:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Couple of possibilities . . .

Cathie,

I assume that you are not having such problems on other sites. If by chance you are, then that would indicate a number of other things to look at.

But assuming that is not the case . . . I would first check out your firewall. One test would be to disable it while you are on this site and see what happens. To be safe, just make sure you re-enable it before surfing anywhere else.

I also assume you are using IE as your browser. You should start your system in Safe Mode with Networking. Do not open any other programs except IE and see if you can stay connected on this site.

Also, IE has a Repair utility. But for some strange reason, it is hidden away. You need to go to Control Panel, then Add or Remove Programs, then locate the entry for IE. Once you click on it, the Repair option will be offered.

I would strongly endorse the use of Firefox as a browser of choice. In any event, it would be good for you to install it (very simple process) and see if anything changes in terms of staying connected.

If you need further help with any of these things, let me know. It can be frustrating to isolate a problem like this. But if you really want to fix the issue, these are the things that need to be done. Hopefully, the solution will follow naturally.

rafi
rfinney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote