View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

If the PT was suggesting something invasive, it would be more worrisome. It seems he might have an idea that is worth pursuing. I may be in the minority, and it can be an emotional roller coaster dealing with other non RSD ideas, but if there is a contributing factor to the RSD that can be helped, that would be great, right?

I've had two amazing (out of a dozen or so) PT's. One I saw for only a single appointment, looked at how I was holding my arm, and he did something chiropractic like that helped relieve 75% of the issues in my shoulder that had been bothering me for greater than a year. Another figured out my lower back issue (a very specific stetch and massage) after a year of docs offering meds and potential surgery.

I've also had internal stitches torn in my knee during "no pain, no gain" therapy from a VERY respected PT that was an idiot.

Should a PT be diagnosing? Probably not. Might he recognize an issue a doc or even several docs have missed? Possible, IMO.

Having one primary doc that is open to new ideas, makes it easier to cope with this kind of stuff. If you can keep positive without getting your hopes up too much, that's best... Craziness, I know.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote