View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 10:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What does a neuropsychologist do? I'm being sent to see one if the workman's comp will pay for it.

QUOTE=NourishYourNoggin;834992]HI:
I'm the mom of a 14yr old teenage boy who has been recovering from PCS for 1 1/2 yrs. As a MTBI Literate Integrative Health & Nutrition Coach as well - I can share with you that what you choose to eat can profoundly impact your brain and body's ability to heal.

We are fortunate to have Dr. Diane Stoler as our Neuropsychologist (she wrote the great book "Coping with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury") and she puts all of her TBI clients on a particular diet.

Yes, the body uses an amazing amount of energy keeping it together as you are trying to heal. Good quality protein is very important for your brain and - you might not want to hear it - but eating sugar can reduce your immune system's ability to fight infection by up to 75%. Vitamin C and glucose are chemically constructed the same and will compete to get into a cell in your body. (google sugar and the immune system and you may be very surprised)
The sugar in the juice that you are taking could be counteracting the good that you are trying to achieve. Better to take a vitamin C supplement.
Also, my son takes 3mg of Melatonin and magnesium to help naturally with sleep at night.
Hope this info helps.

Warmly,
Tina S
Nourish Your Noggin[/QUOTE]
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (07-03-2012), Laura G (08-29-2012)