Thread: Pelvic RSD
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my experience with CRPS II and pelvic pain

I've had CRPS type II for seven years after a venipuncture nerve injury. Although it's not improving, it's not getting worse either. I'm on gapapentin and Cymbalta, and with meds, biofeedback, exercise, keeping warm, etc., it's generally under control and I can work and mostly function well (although I get fatigued way more easily -- never used to nap). I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones, and mentally am able to deal with it much better. The first three years were really rough and now the symptoms, weight gain, fatigue, etc. are just part of everyday life for me.

In my case, symptoms spread to upper quadrant of body (overnight) after 10 months, then to entire right side of body (overnight) after 2 years. Strongest symptoms are generally in limbs and head, and not as much on torso/back. However, during flareups I definitely have symptoms (burning mostly) in groin areas. Usually only exterior, but sometimes vaginal discomfort also. It's easy in my case to tell that it's CRPS-related because it's only on one side.

Good luck!
Annie Poo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote