View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default CRPS II on right side, including face/head

I've had CRPS type II for seven years resulting from venipuncture nerve injury to nerve in right arm. It spread (overnight) to upper right quadrant of my body after 10 months, then spread (ovenight) to rest of the right side of my body after 2 years. Since then, it's been pretty constant, although mostly well managed with gabapentin & Cymbalta and biofeedback, exercise, and keeping warm.

So, I have neuropathy almost all of the time on the right side of my face and head, as well as most of the rest of the right side of my body. For me, since I have symptoms on the right side only, it's usually pretty easy for me to tell if a sensation is CRPS-related.

The symptoms you are describing for your head are EXACTLY what I feel all of the time on my face. Kind of like a pressure feeling on the skin, burning, "prickly" sensations, etc. Like the hair on the right half of my head is annoying just because it's there. Affected areas on face/head are pretty much everywhere, although symptoms are stronger around eye (eyebrow & inside of eye), upper lip, cheekbone area, front of ear, and scalp.

It's typically just uncomfortable sensations rather than painful, although with me I generally get shooting pains with my flareups, including shooting pains on the skin of my face. So, my symptoms from CRPS are clearly different than what I hear described from patients with trigeminal neuralgia (serious pain more than discomfort).

CRPS can be caused by nerve injuries during dental procedures, so please be agressive about following up with a neurologist that is open-minded about considering this.

Good luck!
Annie Poo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote