View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 03:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTati View Post
My daughter i almost 9, and has just resently developed a tic, that seams to be getting worse after her pediatric gave her antibiotic for a trace of strep from a blod test.
Sorry to hear that you had to wait as well. We live in a rural area and there aren't many choices of physicians. The pediatric neurologist said we'll just have to wait and see if he outgrows the tics, but since he'd had them over a year, consistently, it seemed unlikely. He started medication last August (which now seems it was unnecessary in the first place), and then we decreased the dose by half in December. When we decreased it, the tics started appearing again for awhile. He had no lapses in taking it, so I guess we don't really know if the tics continued all that time. Now that he's stopped taking it altogether, it's funny but I've barely noticed him doing it at all. I suppose it's just a wait-and-see.

I hope the best for you and your daughter. It's hard not to worry, even if you're told it's harmless. Maybe they will find some answers for you.
roxyblue722 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-21-2012)