View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 05:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm not sure what I have to say is what you want to hear. I have tried all the typical meds for PN (neurontin, Lyrica, Cymbalta, etc). I really had no problem with increased dry eyes from these meds, BUT none of them were effective in reducing the PN pain/symptoms.

PN, if directly from Sjogren's, can be extremely difficult to treat...and in many cases impossible. If your PN is from Sjogren's attack on the DRG (dorsal root ganglia), then there is no effective treatment available to date. If you have a positive skin biopsy for SFN, then I would consider IVIG, as this has been know to be somewhat effective for SFN in autoimmune patients. I used IVIG for 9 years, but can no longer take it after a horrific rare reaction.

I would see what options the pain doctor has to offer. After trying everything out there, the only thing I've found to reduce pain to manageable levels (not eliminate it), is MINIMAL amounts of Percocet. Like I said, it's not to remove pain, just to reduce it enough to function.

You might want to exhaust natural options as well...like B12 supplements, R lipoic Acid, etc. Even Biofreeze for the burning might work for you. MrsD in the PN sub-forum can help with advising supplements. There are 'stickies' at the top of this forum that will also provide you lots of good PN info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Hughes View Post
I have Sjogren's Syndrome and now PN that has been building for the past year. I cannot tolerate the traditional drugs for the PN because of the side effects, including drying eyes.
I plan to see a pain management doctor to see if they can help.
Do you have any experience in this regard or recommendations.
Thanks, Lynn
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote