View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Pizza and a Movie

Oh Pizzaman, if you truly have such a career, I am grateful for your work as one who enjoys a bit of pizza and a movie to relax! A family favorite around here!

Your following your Doc's studied advice and approach is the best recommendation one can give, a path you appear to have chosen. Good reasons were articulated, and your Doc is on the leading edge of current information.

Regarding me and Boston Scienfic, the choice was last minute as I had anticipated trial of another model, but I was satisfied and espeicially appreciated being allowed to program the generator unit myself under the watshful gaze of my rep. It has now been two years since implant, and I have had tremendous success with the unit itself and the programs I set. Never a tweak have I needed or had.

My thread which discusses the whole saga has fallen to the second page as it is closed due to reaching the posting limit...... but you may click it here http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread117854.html for a fairly complete discussion of the process, the ups, the downs, the results, and a heads up for the uninformed. Too many patients go forward with little more than the video disc hyping a particular product as their only source of information. The entirety of the process is SO MUCH MORE than zip you open, drop it in, and away you go. Healing is involved. Questions arise. BLAST is a good acronym to memorize, no bending lifting stretching or twisting during the healing phase. The thread continues under similar name followed by a 2 here, http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread170843.html .

These are intended as resources for patient information beyond the skinny doc's offices can provide, and I bring them to you because I know many questions are thus answered. If you have others, chime in, because the more the information the better!!

Oh, and remember the all important Log Roll for arising from bed once you have been sent home from surgery! You will want to know that when through the pain of surgery the ever present need to visit the bathroom will first occur!

I am thrilled for you PizzaMan, and you most assuredly have my prayers in your embarkation on the adventure toward better pain management!
Prayin,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pizzaman383 (06-28-2012), Rrae (06-30-2012)