View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been having more severe pain in my legs lately, throughout the day, which is limiting, and had increased my use of oxycodone (the frequency, 2per day, 7.5 each, not the dosage ) just to allow me to get some housework etc. done. Along with the increased pain is an increase in muscle spasms and tremors. I have over the past month gotten into the habit of taking a 5mg Valium to help relax the muscles so I can get some decent sleep. Otherwise I suffer from restless legs and a feeling of being on the edge of a severe spasm. It is funny, the advanced SFN makes muscle spasms feel differently, all tight and twisted but not the sharp pain they used to cause. I do use Kirkman's magnesium cream.

To get to the point, is this use of Valium a problem and should I take a "holiday" from it? I took a week off from the oxycodone last month with no problem, but the pain wasn't this bad then either. I can't take oxy at night, it keeps me awake. I am not particularly worried about dependency issues as both pain and disability are going to increase over time, waxing and waning, but generally downhill. I am still fairly strong though and not wanting to add problems unnecessarily!

Thank you!
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote