View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
To get to the point, is this use of Valium a problem and should I take a "holiday" from it?
Hi Susanne,

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's a 'problem' yet, but I have heard of people getting spasms/twitching after the intended effects of benzodiazepines have worn off (kind of like a hangover). As I was reading your post (before I got to the question above) this is what I was thinking.

If you think you can do without it for a time (couple weeks? ) I wouldn't think it would hurt to try a holiday. (If it can't hurt to try it, then it can't hurt to try it.) You might be able to determine if the increased pain is due to the diazapam, and modify accordingly (pill cutting/re-titrating is one possibility).

I've heard of more oxycodone than actually needed doing something similar in some cases (there's a syndrome, the name of which escapes me at the moment). If you're taking a splittable form (either oxycodone or 'percocet' but not Oxycontin) you might try that.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (06-28-2012)