View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 09:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am a 28 yr old female with a dx of bipolar 2, ptsd, and generalized anxiety disorder. I was prescribed Gabapentin 300mg capsules 6-26-12. Was told to start with one at night and if I had no side affects after 2 days to step up dosage to one in the am and 2 before bed. With all I have been reading, (umpteen google searches and ended up here), I see mostly negative things about this drug as far as mood stabiliztion goes, so it has me concerned. Mood stabilization is what it was prescribed to me for. Almost everything I have read says it is uncommon for mood stabilization, and rarely works, some even say not FDA approved for mood stablization. My psychiatrist says she has had other patients in my demegraphic with similar issues with mood and anxiety, sleeplessness etc... and seen marked improvement for may of them. I'm not quite sure what to make of all these conflicting reports. I am confused and anxious over all of this, and wonder if I should trust the psychiatrist and stick to it until I go back in 2 weeks, see what it does or does not do for me, or exprss my concerns now and get on something else. Any suggestions or positive feedback anybody has to offer would be greatly appreciated and welcomed! Thanks
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-28-2012), Dmom3005 (06-28-2012), mymorgy (06-29-2012)