View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi John,

Glad to hear you're doing okay!

As for your diet..... stay on a soft food diet for another 2 weeks if you can.... eat nothing with seeds or anything that requires a lot of chewing like almonds or steak, nothing sticky like raisins or anything else that would stick in your teeth. It is important to not over use your jaw muscles.... the limitation with the opening is telling you to take it easy and not rush into regular eating yet.

John, you have been a good patient..... gold stars for you sir

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousMess View Post
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your troubles, ginnie, and it is with much sadness that I see yet again how medieval my country's approach to medicine can be. When good people like you are treated badly it shames every one of us.

Anyhow, it's been nearly a week since my extraction - I'm probably going to try and be careful for another week with obviously sketchy foods (popcorn, etc.) but I figure I can eat most things at this point, eh? My jaw is still somewhat sore on my left side and doesn't seem to want to open very far, but I suspect that will gradually improve over time.

Thank you both again for your help, and hang in there, ginnie - I hear the Gulf is a crazy place this time of year, but, hey, it ain't boring!

Love,

- John
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-29-2012)