View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused topamax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfaire View Post
I have an assortment of ailments in addition to the fibro, so I'll just list the most fibro-specific meds:

1. Zolpidem 10mg (generic Ambien) for sleep. I had much better success with Lunesta and Sonata, but my new insurance won't cover them.

2. Skelaxin 800mg as needed. It's a non-sedating muscle relaxant, but it upsets my stomach, so I only take it prior to a massage or dental appointment where I need to be alert enough to drive.

3. Diazepam 5mg as needed as a muscle relaxant. It isn't terribly sedating, but I avoid taking it when I'm going to be driving just to be safe.

4. Baclofen 20mg as needed for muscle stiffness and spasms. I only take this at bedtime, and only when I have nothing important to do the next day as it gives me a terrible hangover.

Unfortunately, I cannot tolerate any narcotics, Ultram, any anti-depressants, Flexeril, Trazodone or Klonopin. I had limited success with Lyrica, Neurontin and Topamax; all three worked for a few months and then suddenly didn't help at all at any dose, like I had suddenly developed an immunity to them. I take my muscle relaxants very sparingly as I'm afraid they'll stop working too, and then I'll have nothing to help me with muscle pain/spasms.

Good topic.

fanfaire
Did you take the Topamax for your fibro pain? I take it for migraine prevention...I am up to 200mg a day and it is not helping head or fibro pain...so thinking about changing to another med just for the fibro pain...thoughts?
Lisa
Happygeek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote