Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well, as they said, welcome to the roller caster ride. USE THE INTERNET!!!!! Be your own advocate. And take time to breathe, take time for yourself and enjoy your children.

I'm sure some one else will come in and better explain this but I will try. Maybe you already know what I'm talking about and you won't be confused. Haing an illness like MS you need to go through all the stages of greif. I know I won't get them right, I just know it. There is grief, denial, anger, accepantce. Maybe more but I don't remeber. And you may go through each one of them more than one time.

I have greived the loss of my job at a time where I was at the prime, yet I'm glad I'm out! Yes, that's contradicitng myself. But I am happier now that I am out. I am grieving the loss of the type of relationaship I could have had with my grandchildren. But if I wasn't working, I couldn't be with them as much as I am now. My MS is 'benign' enough that I am able to lead a fairly normal life but I have had to constantly change what I fell is normal. I get angry at myself that I can't do the things I wanted to do in my retirement appraoching years. But there have been so many other opportunities open up. And there is acceptance. Accept but keep those eyes looking behind your head so you can see what's coming and prepare for it. I hope I haven't confused you. I am happy where I am now. If I had thought 10 years ago that I would be, no I wouldn't have thought that. Oh and listen to your body.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote