View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I talked to my neurologist after I spoke with my PT and on the basis of my EMG, nerve conduction studies and temperature studies, she says she's certain (or as certain as you can be about RSD) that it's RSD; not TOS.

There's no evidence of TOS on my EMG or nerve conduction. My temperature studies (not thermogram) comparing the two arms show a definite temperature difference. My neurologist says she has no doubt that it's RSD and doesn't think it's TOS at all.

Of course, I could still have a shoulder injury that caused the RSD. I still haven't heard back from my PT or my rheumatologist whom my PT was calling to get him to schedule a MRI.

I have psoriatic arthritis, which is an inflammatory arthritis similar to rheumatoid arthritis. My neurologist thinks the psoriatic arthritis caused the RSD. My rheumatologist disagrees. I agree with the neurologist. I'm not sure they'll find any specific shoulder injury if they do a MRI, besides the psoriatic arthritis. I have no specific incident during which I remember injuring my shoulder.

I would agree that a PT could know more than a doctor since they spend more time with patients, but this was my first visit with this PT. I've been seeing my rheumatologist for 10 years. He diagnosed my first case of RSD. And I've seen my neurologist for 2 years.
KathrynL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote