View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 06:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I was told don't do it

My Dr talked to me a few months ago about getting the stimulator put in so I talked tommy pain management about it he says he doesn't recommend it for me said to be honest it will work for a little bit but then won't help me so it would be a waste of time getting. Now again yesterday my surgeon said something about it again he went from talking about fixing my incomplete fusion to have the stimulator put in even wrote my pain management dr a note for me to give him about it. My husband, mother and everyone else said don't get it. Now far as the pump goes my mothers dr wanted her to get that but she declined because she did some searching on it and found out they have to cut out a space in your back for the box and you will go through more problems with it then you already have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Hello
I am wondering if there are many here who have interest in these implantable units for chronic pain?
It seems there are more and more folks coming to the board looking for info on these units. For some reason, especially lately, it seems doctors are practically forcing people to get these units.
I am scheduled to get the SCS later this month.
I usually post on the RSD forum, as there are quite a few folks there with the stimulators and/or pain pumps.

We have put in a request to open a new forum or subforum specifically for discussion on this topic.

Are there many here on the Spinal and Back Pain forum who would be interested in having this forum? If so, would you be willing to share your stories and experiences for the benefit of those seeking out this information.

Reason for asking, there are SCS posts scattered throughout a few other forums and it would be very convenient to have a forum that people could go to without having to do a 'search' on all the other forums.

People are very hungry for info on this!
Thank you all

Rae
Wish I was paifree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote