View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 03:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Great Idea!

I love the idea of using the walker as a bed cradle to keep the blankets off your feet and legs! I would have never thought of doing that...but I am definately going to utilize my walker in that way now. I haven't had any use for my walker for awhile. I can barely bear any weight on my right foot...at least not enough to walk and my doctor doesn't want me using my crutches anymore because of complications with RSD having spread to my right arm, hand and neck as well. So, unfortunately, I am confined to a wheelchair now if I need to go anywhere. I hate it! Anyway, that was off the subject. Thanks again for the cradle idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt1268 View Post
I to have a right foot and ankle rsd. I limp alot or slide my foot along. It eventually got to a point where I couldn't even do that and was placed on a roll-a-bout. Unfortunately, because of the limp you are throwing not only your hips out of wack but also your spine.

My suggestion is to get a rollabout for when you are out of the house. This will minimize the damage you are causing. Also if you have a walker handy, I use this as a bed cradle. Works great to keep the blankets off my feet.
nalakity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote