View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Caught in the middle

My sister lies, and she tells some really bad ones. How do you like being estranged from your nieces and nephews because of the lies she tells, most often about my parents, but I'm caught in the middle because after DECADES of her behaviour, I've distanced myself from her a bit. I've had it with her destructive lies and her control-freak husband who encourages her to be some victim.

Every holiday, special day, etc, we get ignored. My sister was a teenage mother and has told her eldest that her grandparents (my parents) wished she was aborted. (it was the other grandparents who wished this, in fact, they were begging my sister to have it and wanted to pay for it). So now, every Christmas, etc, no cards, no phone calls, no nothing from the kids. And my mother has made considerable efforts to be in the grandchildren's lives. Horrible that the eldest niece even visited those same neglectful grandparents for some anniversary (they live in the same town as my parents) and couldn't even be bothered to call for a quick chat or anything.

I'm sick and tired, not to mention, angered by this kind of behaviour, but really what can I even do anymore? I wish I can change things, but don't even know what to do.