Thread: Upset
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 01:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bronco,
You are NOT alone. I was so far down I resorted to a psychologist voluntarily - as a rule I despise them (they are trained differently in Australia - not as rigidly as in the US) - I know that will cause a fuss. I actually found one who was a doctor too (general practice).

On the one hand they tell you you are the best expert in your condition and then they turn it around and piddle in your pocket.

I too, was very sad due to the actions of a couple of doctors and the CRPS. I FULLY UNDERSTAND. So, I've been even more down....because of the doctors' responses let alone the CRPS. They don't listen because no matter what crap they spout it is just that ...crap. It's really like in the show HOUSE ...."all patients are idiots" and when we are doing badly they play on our lack of resilience.

I too, don't know what to say to them. I've read heaps as I sense you have, understand it but by the end of a consultation after the trip to their rooms I'm not with it enough to dance the dance. I know what is happening but just run out of spare anything. The pain takes soooo much of my capacity to function and rebutt as I would normally.

When that work at M Gen Hospital was published about nociceptors dieing in the CRPS affected area I thought yay! proof at last we aren't going nuts. There was a single strong response from another US doctor who did a short film saying it WASN"T in our heads but that old computer crashed and I haven't been able to find it.

When I do & I will, I will put the link up for us all - it made me feel better for a short time. I'd love to find it so you could see it.

Best regards
AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco4586 View Post
When you are going thru the worst with your CRPS do you get the feeling like everyone thinks it is all in your head? I really got that feeling this morning and it makes me sad. I wish they just understood what I was going thru. I dont know what to say to them to make them understand.
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote