View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp219 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I know I was very lucky and that is why I hope I didnt mess things up for trying to do the right thing. I found out later SSDI loves people to try so they can deny benefits. That worrys me. Thanks again

I don't believe that "SSDI loves people to try so they can deny benefitss." I believe SSDI is trying to figure out who CAN work and who CAN NOT.

I do believe SSDI is interested in seeing who DOES go back to work (not just try) because they needed money and couldn't "wait" for SSDI to decide their case. I believe those people SHOULD be denied as they have PROVEN they are capable of working. I believe SSDI should be for people who CAN'T work (at SGA) and not for those who would find it easier not to work. I just had a conversation today with a woman who's boyfriend is waiting on an SSDI decision. She says he is frustrated because he was out of work for months (because of well documented, legitimate back issues), but "couldn't wait for them to make a decision" so he is back to work.....doing construction 40 hours per week. It does cause him more additional pain, which he takes pain meds for. I think if he CAN work 40 hours per week doing construction, that he SHOULD be working and not collecting SSDI. My suggestion to him would be perhaps he should consider doing work that is less physical to lessen the likelihood of further injury to his back and hopefully decrease his pain. It would be easier for him, and on his back, for him not to have to work, but he obviously CAN do it because he IS doing it.

I don't know if you just started working on your own with your failed attempt.....or if you notified SSDI that you were going to try. The ticket to work program is about letting people try to work without fear of losing their benefits, until the can establish that they CAN work....or not.

Your unsuccessful work attempt sounds like further proof they made the right decision.

I would be careful about trying to work again IF it is against doctor's orders.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote