View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skansie View Post
Is there any vitamin therapy that would help me?
Hi Skansie, Welcome.

There's a great forum here for Peripheral Neuropathy.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum20.html

Many people, including myself, are getting favorable results with R-Lipoic Acid (RLA) in lieu of Alpha Lipoic Acid, and a newer stabilized form particularly, which is better metabolized. 100 mg per day of this form works for most; some try 200 mg (split into two doses) but that may be harder on the stomach. The stabilized RLA works better still in conjunction with Acetyl L-Carnitine and/or Pantothenic Acid (B5).

We're also taking methyl B-12 rather than cyano B12, which is a better form to take for some. B12 should be taken on an empty stomach.

There are many other supplements too, specifics and amounts based on individuals' needs (lab results) and responsiveness.

Finding the right ones, or combinations, for you are crucial. Try not to be discouraged if the ones you tried didn't work within a month. Some may work quickly for some people, but depending on individual circumstances may take longer.

Please stop by the forum, peruse the PN Tips, Resources, Supplements & Other Treatments Sub-Forum and the various "Sticky" and other threads. A lot of information can also be found in the archives by using the Search facility.

Again, welcome.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote