Thread: Chiropracter
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 10:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiev71 View Post
I got gravely injured on DRX 9000. You may notice it right away but if you have any SI issues (or event if you don't) SI ligaments will be weakened with the treatments and may later fail. This is what happened to me. The issue with many providers is that you will be placed on the hot bed before the treatment and iced/lasered after the treatment, this will mitigate the pain for the duration of treatments. I also was under a lot of stress at the time and did not notice that I am being injured.
Hmmm...there is so much that you are leaving out. For example, why did you go see the chiropractor, what was your diagnosis, why was he compelled to do (cervical/lumbar?) traction, do you have inflammatory arthritis (contraindication to traction)? There are so many issues...you may not even know the answers.

DRX9000 is traction. Traction is indicated for numerous conditions and contraindicated for others. That is why you go to a doc

It is mostly benign, can aggravate some conditions but rarely causes permanent harm. I don't like the DRX9000 because in my opinion it is just traction that is over charged ($200 vs $35 for standard traction per visit). That said, it is no more dangerous than traction you would otherwise get at a PT or chiro office.
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote