Old 06-30-2012, 03:16 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Dear MaineMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMom84 View Post
My psychiatrist says she has had other patients in my demegraphic with similar issues with mood and anxiety, sleeplessness etc... and seen marked improvement for may of them. I'm not quite sure what to make of all these conflicting reports. I am confused and anxious over all of this, and wonder if I should trust the psychiatrist and stick to it until I go back in 2 weeks, see what it does or does not do for me, or exprss my concerns now and get on something else. Any suggestions or positive feedback anybody has to offer would be greatly appreciated and welcomed! Thanks
Hi, MaineMom,

Good news about getting some sleep!
I am on two meds that are not approved for bipolar. They help me a lot. Try not to pay too much attention to what others on the internet are saying about their reactions to meds.

After two weeks on Gabapentin, my anxiety was eased.
After a month more, my depression lifted a tiny bit.
My psychiatrist calls this a third line mood stabilizer that he does not use much in his practice. Still, he knows it works for me.

Keep a spread sheet or a mood chart of some kind to help you keep track of
1 medications
2 sleep
3 side effects
4 symptoms

You can google "mood chart" for some on line or make your own so you can keep track of your progress and bring the chart to show the psychiatrist at the next appointment.

Mari
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-30-2012), Dmom3005 (06-30-2012), mymorgy (06-30-2012)