View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skansie View Post
I was found to have type 2 diabetes and triglycerides are 1079, (was told it was supposed to be under 150). It has damaged nerves in my feet and especially at night I can't sleep the pain is so bad. I have heard there is a nerve decompression surgery that the Dellon Institute does and heard it is very successful but it is extremely expensive and I don't have insurance.

Now the pain goes up my leg and at my knee, (right side), it feels all tingly and tight like a big rubber band is around it. I have two sons who need me and I can hardly walk because my feet start hurting so bad. Is there any vitamin therapy that would help me? I tried ALA for a month and didn't do any good, but I don't know if I was taking the right dosage. Does anyone know how much a day and how much at a time I should take? Also, I tried liquid vit. B12 and didn't do any good either,but the pharmacist didn't know how much and didn't know about the ALA either. Any help would be so appreciated.
Hi there.

Just wanted to welcome you to Neurotalk. Are you controlling your diabetes. That's VERY important. If you care to share some info, please let us know what meds you take and how often.

It's always good to give as much info as you can. Especially for our dear Mrs. D who knows EVERYTHING. I've been taking Methyl B-12 for 5 years now. I started with 1000 sublingual everyday on an empty stomach. Within one week I knew I should be on the 5000. I had been diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy but because I had learned about Methyl B-12, I started taking it and all I can say is WOW. No symptoms except when the barometer jumps 40 degrees in one day. Then my feet burn for a little while but no big deal. Other than that, controlling my blood sugar is what I live to do. It's THAT important. And if you are overweight (yeah, I know, it's hard), try and get some weight off. You really have to get those triglycerides down.

Wishing you well.

Melody
P.S. I take ALA everyday also, as well as Chromium Picolinate

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote