Thread: Please help
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass30 View Post
Sorry i just had to vent, its hard to talk to my friends and family about it, they are all great but just dont get how exosting, stressed and helpless i feel
Sorry to state the obvious, but I think that's why they invented peer support groups!

We seem to hear about lack of apparent concern from doctors over side effects a lot, but I think that's understandable. Some patients (not saying you) do overreact/panic, and doctors are trained to leave emotional responses out of things because it's natural/normal human response for patients to feed into them. (FWIW, I've had this discussion w/ my PCP)

Initial side effects often dissipate after a break-in period, so sometimes (not always -- each case is different), waiting it out is the way to go. From a patient's POV (only my own), it depends on the severity of the S/E, and how long they're expected to continue. If they're intolerable, then yes, I call my doc(s), and let them know a change is warranted. If tolerable (a subjective evaluation each must make for themselves) I'll give riding it out a shot. If things are still bad after the expected period, again, I'll make the call to my doc.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote