View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I am sorry you are going through this situation with needing surgery and having RSD at the same time. I just finished seeing an orthopedic surgeon for my ankle. I also have symptoms of RSD. Even though my ankle is bad, he did not recommend for me to have surgery. I limp, and need a wheelchair at times. He was worried about the RSD. Told me it is a bad idea to cut into a nerve damaged ankle, and that I could wind up with worse pain that I already have. This is a heck of a thing to be caught in. I am sorry you are in this kind of situation too. Make sure you do some research, and carefully ask about this before you submit to any surgery. I do wish you all the best. Welcome to Neuro Talk. You will meet alot of nice folks here who will respond to you. ginnie
Thank you so much for responding. I have read several studies that say if the person has RSD/CRPS Type II--the kind caused by nerve compression--then releasing the nerve could be helpful. But when you have RSD as you and I do, then any kind of surgery is dangerous. We are between a rock and a hard place. I would love to hear from someone who had a carpal tunnel release surgery which led to improvement of RSD symptoms...are you out there?
fabiano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote