View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
The people on FB may be friends, but you only have one family. I have just a few close friends, which I am blessed to have. I am sorry your family is hurting. I do too, over my daughter. It isn't easy to see and feel something terrible wrong with your own family. Hard on grandma too. Be strong, and represent the right, and be an example of good. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers, right along side my own disfunctional family. I know it hurts. Sending you a hug, ginnie
Thanks. My niece seems to be taking after her mother in the self-centred and thoughtless category. She used to seem so wise and kind, but I guess her mother got to her. She was "okay" just a few years ago.
I don't know if it's more meanness or just denial on her part. When she's related stories or anecdotes relating to her mother, she does so with sincerity, maybe not realizing that there are those (like me) who are in the "know" who realize it's a bold-faced lie. Maybe I should feel a little sorry for them, it's not a real, honest relationship, I guess.

Maybe I am just sick of feeling "in the middle", because I get along with my parents, but feel I'm getting isolated or frozen out along with them. I've always known what my sister was like, and can spot one of her fanciful stories a mile away, or in my current case, several thousand miles away.