View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Welcome! So glad you found us

I am so sorry about the CRPS you are battling. It is a nasty condition and like you, I live in a smaller community where virtually NObody comprehends or understands what I am going thru. This is why I feel so fortunate to be a part of this forum. We all 'get' it and the support here is wonderful.

My heart goes out to you for the situation you are in. I wish I knew more about this procedure. Where does your doctor want to implant the pump? Alot of them are via the abdomen. Being only for 1 week, I see this as very similar to a 'trial' implant. You'd be able to get an idea if this is something your body would respond to. On one hand it seems intriguing and worth a try, but like I said, I know nothing about this and I can sure understand your concern Re: possible further spread.

It's so very important that you have the utmost confidence in your doctor who would be doing this. It would be very helpful to you if your doctor could put you in touch with other patients who have had this procedure if they would be willing to share their testimony.

You've posted a good thread and I hope it will catch the eye of someone who could give you some good feedback.

I'll do a google search and if I can find something that may be of help, I'll sure let you know.

Caring,
Rae

Thanks Rae,

I appreciate your feedback. The procedure my Pain Management doctor is talking about is to do a cervical epidural that will be placed in or around the C-1 / C-2 then it will be tunneled down and out the lower part and hooked up to a portiable pump i.e. a pump that goes were I go. I idea is that since the sympathic nerve blocks didn't really work, this was another attempt at cooling things down or possibly reversing things since I'm still in the early stages.

I was diagnosed with CRPS 4-months ago and it is pretty much generalized, due to a second injury and it now affects my upper, lower, and parts of my face. It does not affect my back, torso or abs. Therefore, one of my big concerns is that it could possibly cause a spread to my back and therefore be a new source of pain.

I'm really confused and scared, but I do trust my PM doc, but I also know that he treats so many patients that don't have CRPS. The only information I can find on this procedure is when it's done in advanced stages and people need to get into physical therapy. I currently have full ROM of all my extremities and am using a heated pool for therapy, so I am not wanting it done to get me into physical therapy, but rather to possibly reverse this. This is why I've been struggling to get more information on this.
discoverdenali is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-01-2012), Rrae (07-04-2012)