View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Hi Denali,

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverdenali View Post
I’ve discussed this with my doctor in Florida and he said that the procedure is very risky and to keep with the heated pool exercises and get a Ketamine booster when needed, but that means another plane ride across the country!
Did the doctor in FL happen to elucidate exactly why this pump idea would be risky? Did he say specifically that the risk was, or included, the CRPS spreading?

How do you feel about these two doctors? If the second ketamine procedure doesn't work, is that doctor likely to ever see you again? Since you seem to like/trust the PM doctor in AK, and he's considerably closer, are you likely to continue seeing him in the long term regardless?

I don't know if any of this figures into your thinking or not; I'm kinda hoping it may help you think/reason your way through this decision.

I also hope Rrae (or someone) is succesful in finding more information about this pump procedure being used in this way.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
discoverdenali (07-01-2012), Mark56 (07-01-2012), Rrae (07-04-2012)