View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dealing with chronic pain

For whatever reason there seem to be a lot of doctors that just don't listen well to their patients. I think doctors need to be more attuned to what we (the patients) go through. I've been dealing with chronic pain for 6 years now. I went through ACDF surgery this past December after being told that it would 'fix' my pain. Well it didn't and know I have even more problems than I had before. I feel like I've been jumping through hoops for years now trying to get relief and it's just not happening. I've done chiropractic, P.T., acupuncture, etc. etc. but I still have horrible muscles spasms in my neck and shoulders. My neurologist volunteered to take over my pain management from the surgeon who did my ACDF. The problem is he doesn't listen to me (or believe me) when I tell him how significant my pain still is. He is forcing me to cut my pain medication down suddenly by 2/3 of what I am used to taking. I tried to tell him that's too much of a reduction, at once but he won't listen. Actually hung up the phone while I was still talking to him. So now here I sit still in pain and feeling ill from medication withdrawal too due to having my dosage being cut so drastically at once. I want to find another doctor but don't know where to begin. How do I find someone who will listen to me?
Sally Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote