View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 02:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Did the doctor in FL happen to elucidate exactly why this pump idea would be risky? Did he say specifically that the risk was, or included, the CRPS spreading?

How do you feel about these two doctors? If the second ketamine procedure doesn't work, is that doctor likely to ever see you again? Since you seem to like/trust the PM doctor in AK, and he's considerably closer, are you likely to continue seeing him in the long term regardless?

I don't know if any of this figures into your thinking or not; I'm kinda hoping it may help you think/reason your way through this decision.

I also hope Rrae (or someone) is succesful in finding more information about this pump procedure being used in this way.

Doc

Thank you for your feedback. No, the doctor in Florida didn't say specifically why it would be dangerous, just that a cervical epidural is especially risky, and that "when all you have is hammer, everything looks like a nail".

I guess the reason why I ask is that I'm still cought up in this "gotta get it revered by six months or it's not going to happen" that people keep telling me. My CRPS is generalized for the most part, and I'm not entirly sure this procedure would catch it all, though my PM doc says there's a good chance.

My BIGGEST concern is that this may make things worse and create a new pain source. But the "what if it works" is driving me crazy!! So, needless to say I sway back and forth and I'm scheduled for the procedure in about a week. Yes, I could reschedule, as I've done this already because I just couldn't get enough information.
discoverdenali is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-01-2012), Rrae (07-04-2012)