View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinga View Post
Space cadet, I too am concerned sometimes when dealing with people\medical professionals, that I come off as too normal so how can there be a significant problem going on here? I have periods of rage\frustration that I try to vent in private. I have been told I have a good logical understanding of what I am facing and dealing with; however this comes off as normal to anyone who doesn’t know or doesn’t care to understand you have a brain injury. I sometimes fell like saying I suffered a brain injury but it didn’t make me stupid or I didn’t lose my common sense. I believed at first, the concussion I had was just that, and would resolve in a few weeks of the accident.
I cannot begin to express how much I can relate to everything you wrote. I am a college student and am expected to do well academically, be involved in campus activities, and have a lively social life as well. Since I seem "too normal" like you said, it is difficult for friends, classmates, and professors to understand the challenges I face every day. It's been 2 1/2 years since my initial head injury, and it's been an uphill battle, especially considering the lack of understanding and knowledge in most people about concussions and PCS. I don't really have any specific advice or encouragement at all, but sometimes it's better to know we're not alone in this.

Laura
laurarrrgh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote