Thread: Latest Update
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 07:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Latest Update

Saw the Neurologist today, prior to that I saw his technician and she did an SSEP, that involves attaching electrodes to the 2 nerves in your scalp, hip, knee and spine, then they attach electrodes to your nerves on your feet and pass a current through it in 2 different places.
Did not hurt but boy it sure shakes your nerves up it took me about 1/2 hr to stop shaking after it.
He is confident that the Subacute is no longer a problem and there was nothing on the MRI or SSEP that could explain the intermittent paralysis.
I have to go for further Nerve Conduction Tests on May the 16th.
He is of the opinion that it is stress related although I do not feel stressed. he says that the workings of your body can become stressed and you are not aware of it.
He is hoping that some kind of medication may help this but it is very difficult as I am really bad with a number of drugs that may or may not help.
Of course I am still unable to drive, and this is the biggest difficulty I face, as I would just like to get up and go somewhere without someone having to take me.
dorvad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote