View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblebeach2 View Post
I agree that a doctor has to have the ability to LISTEN & communicate. I don't care how good a doctor maybe if he lacks the ability to listen and communicate then I move on. A doctor not only needs to be a good doctor but one who communicates. I don't want to walk out of an office visit still feeling like I have a million questions and no answer. I understand they have busy schedules but we as patients need reassurance as well as to what is going on with our health.
Absolutely! We pay them and they work for us? And to do that to a patient that is really struggling with health issues is unconscienable. He says "oh you're healthy you'll be fine". I don't think I'm healthy. A healthy person does not have great difficulty doing basic self cares due to pain from a chronic health condition. A healthy person does not have to cancel social engagements repeatedly because of the pain she is in or because she knows she won't be able to keep up with the rest of the group due to pain. Also, a healthy person does not miss work frequently because there are days where the pain is so bad that she can't move or think clearly. A life that's been changed that drastically by pain is not the life of a "healthy' person.
Sally Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote