View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello.

Sorry to hear about your ear situation. I have had/ still do have issues with my neck, most noticeably my lack of range of motion & pain when turning. Also, I do have a vibrating noise when i twist side to side and some crunching when i roll my shoulders back and my neck in a circular motion.

Have you had your neck mri'ed? If you have experienced whiplash you may be having muscle spasms that contribute to headaches. Generally it is good to keep your neck loose, at least for me I kept my head still for almost a year because of the severity of my concussion and pain which led to more problems. I learned that docs generally don't focus on necks because they are not as concerned, but long term it makes a difference. They seem to check the neck at the 1 year mark.

Using the heating pad helps and daily stretching. Look to each side, make a double chin and also bend over and use a towel to stretch your neck down. Do reps of each of these, but start slowly. And as far as the ear thing you mentioned, sorry I have not experienced that but sure had some terrible side effects on topamax.
hope that helps a bit.good luck.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HeadStrong (07-02-2012)