Thread: lonely
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Windseeker,
I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. A concussion can play with your mind. It is very common to get depressed after having a brain injury. It is also not unusual to feel lonely.

Because of the injury, we are not able to do as much and we can"t tolerate noise, crowds, lots of people. What I can say is that I have gone through very depressing days where I felt so overwhelmed.

Just remember that nothing stays the same, and things will get better. In the meantime, we are here to listen and to help if we can.

But is there someone that you could talk to? If you are feeling so bad, could you speak with a therapist? Or a good friend? I think in one of your posts you had said that you moved home. I guess that now you are living by yourself. Could you speak to a parent or a sibling?

Another thing that I have found helpful when I have been the most sad is to make myself go out for a walk. Exercise of any kind helps.

Let us know how you are doing. I am so sorry that you are going through this. But things will get better.
ShellyK
ShellyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
windseeker242 (07-02-2012)