View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

canina,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am so sorry to hear of another youngster dealing with concussions.

How do you know he is fainting rather than seizing? An EEG is not as reliable as many think. The inconsistent seizures often will not manifest on an EEG.

How is his blood pressure and pulse? Does it drop to low levels? Do you have a home BP test kit? Sometimes, the autonomic nervous system malfunctions allowing the BP and pulse to drop very low. It can be caused by an upper neck injury that causes inflammation that interrupts the nerve signals to the heart.

Symptoms like these will likely take a lot of observing him by you. The doctors can only schedule a test. You can see the situation before and after one of these events.

If he continues to fall, ask if he can wear a portable EEG and pulse Ox to help determine what is happening. How long does it take for him to regain consciousness?

Does he relate any feeling he has just before and after these episodes?

You may want to have him wear a helmet until you get these episodes under control. Adding more impacts to an injured brain will only make it worse.

How did he get hurt each time? Maybe something from his injury is being missed.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-08-2012)