View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I cannot speak to the outside ear pain, but I can describe the neck discomfort I feel. It is much better than the first couple of weeks after the whiplash injury. In the beginning, I could barely move my neck. It hurt to turn my head left and right.

Most of that pain is gone now, but my neck makes crunching noises whenever I rotate to the left, right, up, or down. Sometimes it gets stuck in a position and I have to gently pop it out to get it moving again, if that makes any sense. I also have discomfort if sleeping on my stomach because it hurts to keep my head turned to the side for a long period of time.

I've asked 2 of my doctors if I could get an mri, but both said I don't need one. My neurologist gave me a couple of neck stretches to do, similar to what post concussion mentions. I haven't noticed much of an improvement yet, but it may take a while to get results.

It couldn't hurt to discuss with your doctor and possibly getting some PT to hopefully help ease the pain. Good luck!
43 yr young female, suffered a mTBI with PCS August 2011 while playing ice hockey. Symptoms included dizziness, nausea, exertion headaches, trouble sleeping, fasciculations, sensitivity to light and noise, occasional numbness to extremities.
Lagr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote