View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkwrm View Post
I have had PN since March, it was only determined in June tht it may be the result of excessive alcohol consumption. I have stopped all alcohol and have seen minimal improvement, it is devstating to know I did this to myself. I have no B vitamin deficiencies and give myself B12 injections once a week, I take thiamine and super B complex. What else can I do to speed the reversal of the PN?
I am sorry that you haven't had any responses, I assure you that isn't typical for this group. I can't personally help you as I have an untreatable progressive hereditary neuropathy, but I would advise you to study the supplements section at the top of the forum page, and read as many of the other posts as possible. The advice on supplements and nutritional support has been repeated many, many times. Lots of good information for you, but it does seem to be a long road to improvement for most.

As far as I know methyl B-12 tablets are at least as effective as injections, and certainly simpler. Most of us take them just for the nerve health support. I am also not sure if alcoholic PN can be reversed, but you can certainly keep it fom worsening. What are your symptoms like?
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote