View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Botox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy1 View Post
I suffer from sever trigeminal neuropathy on the left side of the face; Dosage of Neurontin at 1200 mg per day takes away some of the pain, but not the severest pain between the mouth and lip which makes it increasingly difficult to talk during the day. Alll suggestions are welcome. Has anyone had botox injections for trigeminal neurpathy? The face is throbbing as I write and thanks to all for any help. I am at my wit's end and do not know what to do. More Neurontin is an option but as it hasn't doesn't anything for the severest pain I doubt that more if the sale will do. Best to all, Buffy
Buffy 1, I just came across your posting by googling trigeminal neuropathy and botox and could have written the posting myself. My neuropathy results from the the removal of a third molar, i.e., a wisdom tooth. I've gone everywhere and spoken to everyone and nothing really helps. I currently take Lyrica and Tegretol 3x daily, Tramadol for pain before eating, and apply a Lidoderm patch to my jaw while sleeping. I know and try meditation and tried accupuncture - which relaxed me wonderfully but did nothing for the neuropathy. Have you tried Botox and did it help? I hope this message reaches you and I truly look forward to a reply.
jackrabbit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote