View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default vertigo followed by neck pain/pressure - indicative?

Hi i had a two night spells of vertigo in late february that resolved to chronic dizziness that lasted until mid may. Around the beginning of march, I felt very strange pressure 'nervy' sensations in the base of my skull when i put it against a pillow or couch armrest, etc.
The dizziness has mostly gone away, and I now feel deep dull aching and pressure that seems to exist in the base of skull, but I also get aching that seems to be referred from C4. I've had an MRI of my brain I believe, and it has come back 'negative', but I have no idea if anything was discounted - like a low level chiari malformation for instance. If I 'stand on my head' I will get a strong pressure ache akin to an exertion headache. Yesterday it seemed to last for the rest of the night.

I don't get any headache spells if I yawn or cough, but it does sometimes affect the neck ache..

Another thing to mention is that I've worn a respirator while renovating a house, and around the time in february I pulled the straps very tight, one of which went around the c4-ish area.. I'm wondering if did some sort of damage in that area.

hope this is clear enough to understand !
robledo35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wishuloveb (07-11-2013)